Venture Taranaki, is the regional development agency for New Zealand’s foremost energy province.
We’re an independent, public-good organisation, whose stakeholders include local and central government.
We help grow the Taranaki economy. Venture Taranaki is the strategic glue for the region’s wealth creating industries leveraging economic potential through strategic planning, promotion, thought leadership, regional intelligence, business assistance and economic transformational projects.
The oil and gas industry is valued and welcomed in the Taranaki region – as it has been for over 150 years. Venture Taranaki provides the following services to the industry:
- Free point of contact, advice, referral and information.
- Independent research reports: The Wealth Beneath Our Feet report (2010) which quantified the economic value of the industry to the New Zealand economy. Other reports include the economic impact of Hydraulic Fracturing.
- New Zealand’s free oil and gas website - www.energystream.co.nz - promotes and demystifies the industry, provides free monthly market updates, events, job listings and contacts.
- The New Zealand Oil and Gas Capability Database is a free to access company capability database – available online at www.energystream.co.nz and also available in hard copy.
- The Oil and Gas Specialist Technologies group - over 25 specialist supply chain companies who meet regularly and collectively promote their capabilities and is facilitated by Venture Taranaki.
- Trade missions to Australia and the UK to promote the region’s O&G export capabilities and job opportunities in the region.
- Free Taranaki jobs web site, Taranaki lifestyle toolkit and ‘swap sides’ campaign to help the region’s businesses attract the skilled workers they need.
- Oil and Gas Lunch & Learn series, a regular networking event featuring industry experts on a range of topics.
- Linkages to Government grants to assist companies with management training, and research and development.
Venture Taranaki works in partnership with the private sector to attract further added-value industries linked to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries to Taranaki. Taranaki offers:
- Future potential and further energy-related development opportunities
- Political stability
- A favourable fiscal regime
- Infrastructure and expertise to support the needs of the sector
Venture Taranaki provides support to Taranaki's existing oil, gas and petrochemical base, and offers free, confidential assistance to potential investors in this industry.
9 Robe Street, New Plymouth